And Then There Was Abuse...Part One by Kendrick

A few days ago I got a call from one of my good friends. Its very ironic how things work out for me cause I was upset when I saw that it was her. You see, I had did some work for her and I was just thinking to myself how I was going to give her a piece of my mind for not getting back in touch with me. Especially after I expressed the need to get in touch with her about some things such as payment, or at least picking up some things that I couldn’t fix to free some space in my junky living area.
Well… the way irony comes into play for me in this situation is cause I was the one that ended up paying minutes after I said hello. And turns out I needed to pay. I needed to pay attention to a friend that was actually in need more so than I was. You see… she was a victim of a beating. A very brutal beating by her boyfriend. She was tired of being mistreated and scared. And being tired of this she wanted out of the relationship. I was pretty stunned how she went into detail about him hitting her and knocking her to the floor. Every single time she tried to get up to run he would hit her in the back of the head attempting to knock her unconscious. In which, he almost succeeded before she could make it out of the house. She proceeded to tell me how he was claiming to do this in the name of keeping a family together and how he would never do this again if she would just stay. And although this is not the first fight, or beating, it is the worst to date.
After hearing this I forgot all about my minor problems and even felt bad for my thoughts. But she needed someone to talk to and she asked me a question. “What do you think of all of this??? I gave a man eight years of my life, and a son and he won’t let me talk on the phone??? Or even have friends without getting an attitude or trying to hit me???” In case you don’t know of me, I’m there as best I can be and will input how I honestly feel of a situation when asked. But these situations are tricky especially when you have never dreamed of experiencing the situation or putting someone in the situation.

1 comment: