Happy Birthday Prince!!


Today marks my Prince's Birthday!!!!!!!

Prince was born on June 7, 1958 in Minneapolis, named Prince Rogers Nelson after the Prince Rogers Trio, a jazz combo that was led by his dad, John Nelson (stage name was Prince Rogers)..





Little Know Facts
-Prince's parents are from my hometown Louisiana.... so he has the good old Southern blood in him!.

I was brought up in a black-and-white world...I want to be judged on the quality of my work, not on what I say, nor on what people claim I am, nor on the color of my skin.-Prince


-Prince started playing the piano in 1963 after seeing his father perform one day.

I knew how to write hits by my second album.-Prince


-Prince started his first band in 1973, called Grand Central with his cousin and some friends.

-Prince signed to Warner Bros. June 25th 1977 and celebrated by recordings "We Can Work It Out"

-June 25th 1984 Purple Rain was released!!!!

-In 1984 Prince became the first artist since The Beatles to simultaneously have a Number One movie, album, and single in the USA when he released Purple Rain and "When Doves Cry".


Because I do all the instruments, I'm injecting the job I feel into all those'players.' The same exuberant soul speaks through all the instruments.-Prince


Prince on Tavis Smiley


All about Prince!!!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the fact I told you about him...But ay long live Prince and the color purple not the movie like really the color

    ReplyDelete