What it is to love? Part Two by JayNique

What it is to love?
I thought I was giving you that.
I thought I was the one you needed…
The one you trusted..
The one you loved…

Was I not enough?
Was I not cute enough?
Smart enough?
Was my hair not long enough?
Did my body not turn you on?
Was it something so superficial you would leave…
Just like that, you were gone?

What is it to love?
Doesn’t love mean acceptance?
To accept me as I am?
Why oh why?

I know I am not perfect
I know I pushed you away
But you were not all innocent
You didn’t have the strength to stay.

See, I wasn’t who you wanted from the start
You used me as a stand in
Waiting for the one that already claimed your heart.

What was I to you?
I was more than faithful
While you were being untrue.
I was there
When you were not for me
I loved you
When you didn’t love me.
I needed you
When you didn’t need me.
I wanted you
When you didn’t want ME!

What is it to love
When the person you love
Doesn’t give a damn
I could easily be angry
I could easily hate you
But for the life of me
That hatred doesn’t wanna break through.

I love you
I hate you
I need you
I despise you!
I want it all
And you won’t give me a simple phone call.

You cut me out of your life
Forcing me to forget
It’s easy for you
Because to you, I didn’t mean shit!

When I let you go,
You just pulled me right back
Not because you cared
You just wanted me in the sack!

What is it to love?
To love means to hate
Without hate there is no love
Without love there is no hate
Two intertwined
Like I thought it was
For you and I.
7 years thrown away
Just like that
I only wish
I could get those seven years right back.
I stupidly thought
We at least be friends
but I thought wrong
because you wanted it to end.
What is it to love?
Love is what I felt for you
Unfortunately for me
You didn’t let the words ring true!

No comments:

Post a Comment