Min We Fav Blog Series: The Pleasure Seeker


I had been looking.
For all styles of things, all my life. Music, books, beer, films, sneakers, friends, cities, streets, bars, coffees, loves.
For all manner of people, everywhere. Musicians, writers, fry cooks, janitors, politicians, entymologists, egomaniacs, degenerates, depressives, submissives, jerks, twits, geeks, addicts.
I started off here, in the streets of New Orleans, as a curious teenager. I settled in comfortably for a short stint and got to know the streets and smells, the names and faces, the food, the music, the settings, the energy. My mind was ablaze, racing, rocketing with all the new places and things I wanted. Things I didn’t know I wanted, places I had never been. I never knew what to keep and what to throw away, so I kept everything. Everything! Inside my mind, inside my heart, inside a shoe box with a fading star on it and kept it all with me everywhere. I walked millions of miles in these streets in black Converse All-Stars until eventually I felt like I had looked enough, walked enough in the darkest places and widest spaces and it was finally time to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment