What it is to love? Part One by JayNique

What it is to love?

To love openly
To give ones heart freely
To put faith in in thee
To love completely

What it is to love?
To trust
To need
To want
What is it to love?
When you love thee so much
Just to have that love thrown in thy face
To love, to forgive, to need
To be thrown away in haste?

Is that love?
How can you do that to me?
How can you gain my trust?
Steal my heart
Just to blame it on lust?

Why is it so
You do this to me?
Is it to love?
Or say to love
When the words don’t ring true?
To throw away all the years
All the crap we’d been through?

Who was there throughout it all?
Me.
I loved you, I forgave you, I trusted you…
Isn’t that what it is to love?
To be strong when you are weak,
To be there when you needed me..
To always be honest when the world around us isn’t?


No comments:

Post a Comment